Wednesday, February 12, 2020

ODE TO DEATH

By Fernanda Cabarcos 

You smug and silent friend
Your timing never bends.
For when you creep upon the throne
Your will and vision heart of stone;
Our mortal souls could sing and pray 
The final hours, body aches
Our life is yours to take.

I ask you only for one thing
Please wait until my days of spring 
Have passed and winter is at hand
My life be blessed, so rich and grand.
I want to look upon your face
With calm relief as it all ends ;
I close my eyes and feel you touch 
At last my friend you take me home.



Muerte en Primavera “ by Ana MarĂ­a Salazar Cabarcos  IG:Anasalazarcabarcos

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Garden

By Fernanda Cabarcos My garden   now lays  dry and barren  The toll of getting used to life The home of monsters I’ve been  facin ’ ...